3.27.2017

Blues Watercolor

Happy Monday! Hope you all are having a lovely spring so far. It is by far my favorite season and I love the extra sunshine and all the blooming flowers.

Today I have a birthday card to share with you. I made this card for my niece back at the beginning of the month. She prefers blues and isn't a fan of floral, so I had to think a bit outside of the cards I would normally design. But I ended up loving how this card turned out with the blues/greens and neutrals.

I started out by creating a watercolor wash background then added some metallic silver watercolor to give it a bit more pop. I used that as inspiration when choosing the silver glitter paper to diecut the "happy birthday" which I then adhered onto some blue vellum. The vellum was attached with some staples to keep an edgier feel. But then I noticed the vellum was getting a bit lost over the watercolor and so I grabbed some simple black and white striped papers to layer underneath. Finally I finished by adding just a few sequins.











- Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment

--->>> comment <<<---