5.15.2018

Inspired By

I have another Inspired By series card today. It is the card I made for my mom for this past Mother's Day. I loved how it turned out and I definitely want to try it again. Here is the link to the card/technique I was inspired by.




Laura Bassen created such a lovely card with distress oxide inks, a mask and the nuvo shimmer paste in moonstone. I used the same technique, only using inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron and Cracked Pistachio. Also, I used the Merilyn stencil from Simon Says Stamp (SSS).




Next I stamped a flower and leaf set using the Even More Spring Flowers from SSS. I stamped it in the Barely Beige ink from SSS using my MISTI. Then I colored the images using my Faber Castell Polychromo pencils. I then placed the sheet back into my MISTI and stamped the images using VersaMark ink (after I'd dusted it with anti-static powder). While the ink was still sticky I used Ranger embossing powder in Liquid Platinum and heat set them.




Since I hadn't bought the coordinating dies for my stamps I simply fussy cut them by hand. To finish the card up I stamped the sentiment using the So Happy set from Avery Elle on a scratch piece of watercolor I'd created ages ago and then added a few gems.




- Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment

--->>> comment <<<---