3.08.2016

Beauty Buys



I love a good shopping trip. Back in February I ran into my local Walgreens and Dillards just to pick up a few things and ended up walking out with all of these! It had been a while since I'd let myself buy any new products, because let's be honest, I have a million and one things I need to use up. Ha! But these were just calling to me.


1. Revlon Colorstay Foundation - 150 Buff & 200 Nude // This brand and formulation of foundation has been in my collection for years. My skin leans more toward the oily side, but both the normal/dry and combination/oily formulas work for me. The bottle I had was a darker shade from last summer and was old packaging. I was so excited they finally brought this out with a pump! I've worn the 150 by itself and in combination with a few other foundations that were a bit too dark for me. In fact my current favorite is to mix it with Dior Skin foundation.

2. Wet'n'Wild 1 Step Wonder Get - 722 B Missy In Pink // I was pretty excited to try this one. But it left me pretty disappointed. I did love the color and the fat brush which made for easy application. But the color went on streaky. Also, I wanted to truly test out the formula so I didn't apply a fast dry top coat like I'm used to and ended up with a ton of smudges. I will say though that for no top coat this wore quite well with no chipping.

3. L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss - 302 Fuchsia Amnesia // There might of been a momentary lapse in judgement when I picked this color. It's beautiful and I do love a pink, but it's too bright for me to wear on its own. Perhaps I've become to accustomed to wearing a nude lip. But, this has quickly become my go to lip product. I lightly apply it to my lips so it becomes like a stain. Then I apply either a gloss or layer another sheer lipstick over it.

4. L'oreal Nail Color - 207 Pinot Purple // I've tried this formulation before and I think it's a great one. Not perfect but the application is great and it's wear time is on par with most of my other polishes. This color was gorgeous in the day, the perfect purple. But at night or in a dimly lit area it comes across almost black.

5. Mac Fix + // This is another product that is not really new to me. I had a small bottle for years that I used when I'd foil on eyeshadows. But after watching a youtuber douse her face in it once her makeup was done to combat any extra powder on my face I decided to get a new bottle. After I've applied all my makeup, except for mascara and lip product I soak my face in this product and then use a piece of paper to fan it dry. Sometimes I follow up with a setting spray but most days I've been very happy with just the fix +.

6. Mac Prep + Prime - Radiant Rose // Another oldie but goodie product I've used. This is great to put over concealer around the eye area to add some brightness. Just be careful not to add too much!

- Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment

--->>> comment <<<---