3.21.2017

MOJO Monday 489 card

I do love a good challenge or sketch to push me into a quick creative session. This sketch for MOJO Monday 489 was such a great jumping off point for me. And a challenge not only gets me creating but also blogging again.

Saturday I received a recent online purchase that included the new Ranger Distress Oxide inks. I was soooo excited to play with these and make some inky backgrounds. Only I suddenly realized I had no clean ink blending foam. So I looked around my craft room and though I'd experiment with some art brushes I had bought to use with acrylics and watercolors. They worked so beautifully for a soft wash of color!


In that same package I also received the new Wplus9 Petunia builder stamps and dies. I pulled out my papertrey inks and got busy stamping flowers then diecut them while watching tv. I wasn't sure how the papertrey ink would layer over the distress oxide inks but I wanted to stamp the leaves directly on the card. They stamped perfectly and I couldn't be happier with how this card turned out using all my new product goodies.










- Jessica


1 comments:

  1. LOVE the gradient coloring you achieved with these oxide inks! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

--->>> comment <<<---