6.13.2017

Floral Vellum Card

I LOVE florals. And a good floral set stamp will always start my heart fluttering and cause me to hit the buy button. But, I do prefer a set where you can build your own florals. So when I saw this new stamp set from Simon Says Stamp I was a bit unsure. Thanks to a birthday gift card though I decided to order it...and I am so glad I did. What really made me purchase it was seeing it gold embossed on an envelope. That's a technique I want to try soon.

So far I've only used the mass floral out of the set. I decided to stamp it with Versamark on a printed vellum sheet then emboss it using white powder. Honestly it was just one of those moments where I wasn't sure it would all work but thought it would be fun to try. I had no idea if the vellum would hold up to the heat embossing or how it would look since the vellum had a yellow bokeh print. But it all worked. Then I decided to flip it over and tried adding some coloring to it using copic markers. Once again I was surprised to see the color come through enough to make it pop even more. I simply adhered it to a piece of white cardstock using some glue on strategic places behind the flowers and sequins. Without the white cardstock it was still pretty but it looks amazing with it. I'm so glad I decided to play around and ended up with this card.











- Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment

--->>> comment <<<---