6.09.2017

Ink Smooshing

Happy Friday! Any exciting weekend plans? I don't have anything planned except for enjoying the days.

I have a few cards to share today. Each one features two different techniques I tried. I'm not sure where I saw this first one used but something reminded me of it and I gave it a try.

I always buy the ink cubes from Papertrey Ink. It's cheaper thus I can buy every color. :-) Anyway, I thought it would be nice to use them to smear ink in a line across white cardstock. So I used a few of my favorite color combos. Some are more even while others are more splotchy. I made up about 15 or 20 of these to use on cards.

Next for the flowers and leaves, I first diecut them. Then I stamped them in black using Versafine ink. I then used the Zig Clean Color markers to add some watercolor to them and blended with a watercolor brush. But I still wanted something extra. So I then smeared the ink from the markers on my ranger craft mat, added a couple drops of water, then smooshed the diecuts into that. It was fun to just play around with a new technique.
































- Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment

--->>> comment <<<---