7.06.2017

Deer To Me

Can you believe it's already July? This year feels like it is flying by. Spring and Summer are my favorite seasons, so I of course wish I could slow them down some ;-)

Today's card started out by wanting to play some more with the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks. I took a piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock and and older stripe background stamp. Using Versamark I stamped on the background, then applied white embossing powder and heat set that. Next I just used the fossilized amber and cracked pistachio Distress Oxide Inks and blended those together. Then I sprayed some water on there a few times to add some more visual interest.


As I was looking at the final background trying to decide what to do next, I spotted my new Simon Says Stamp So Deer stamp set and decided to play around with it. So I stamped the two deer in black ink then colored them in with my Copic markers. Next I fussy cut them then went around the edges with a black marker. Finally I took a piece of yellow cardstock, cut a strip, stamped the sentiment and attached it with a tiny attacher. I love how cute this turned out and used it as my niece's birthday card.








- Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

--->>> comment <<<---