5.08.2018

Wishing You A Happy Birthday Card

Hello! Can you believe it is May already!? Today our temps were already reaching up to 90. I love the sunshine and warmer temps.

I took some time in my craft room this weekend and tried some new techniques. So often I'm in a rush to make a card that I don't get to just play around.



I started out with a plain white piece of cardstock. Next I stamped this cute girl holding some presents. That stamp is part of the Felicity Jane line. I then colored her in using my copic markers. This is when I decided I wanted to try something new for me.




So I stamped her again on some masking paper, trimmed her out and placed the mask on top of my colored piece. I then decided where I wanted the horizon line to be and masked off the top section. Using distress oxide inks, I blended hickory smoke and just a bit of black soot to create the ground. Then I masked off the bottom, found a striped mask and used a mixture of hickory smoke and fossilized amber to add stripes to the background. The best part is peeling off the masks to see the finished picture! As a finishing touch, I took a Spectrum Noir sparkle pen and added that to the white background stripes and a bit on the girl and presents.




Finally I stamped a sentiment onto some scrap paper and adhered that to the front. Then I stamped the rest of the sentiment on the inside...and forgot to grab a photo of that.




This card definitely took more time to create. And a couple times I worried I might of ruined it. But in the end I loved how cute it turned out and want to try it again.



- Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment

--->>> comment <<<---