3.11.2016

February 2016 Book Report

I didn't read/listen to very many books in February. Honestly I was sick most of the month and just couldn't concentrate. Hoping to make a better dent this month.

- - - - - - - - - -

Murder In The Afternoon
by: Frances Brody

This is a murder mystery that is part of the Kate Shackleton series. I believe this is book #3, but it's the first book I've read in the series and I was able to stay in the story and didn't feel as though I was missing out by not having read the others in the series. I really liked this book. It reminded me very much of Miss Marple, only a younger version who's not quite as quick witted. I'd love to read the other books in this series. 



- - - - - - - - - -

Cavendon Hall
by: Barbara Taylor Bradford

If you like Downton-esque stories then this one is for you. It has the same uprstairs/downstairs story lines with drama and love triangles. I loved how this story started out and threw you right into drama. But then it seemed to clear it up fairly easily and the rest of the book I was waiting for more peaks of drama that just fell short for me. I believe there are now more books in this series but I think I'll pass on those.



- - - - - - - - - -

Cape Refuge
by: Terri Blackstock

So this was the first book in a very long time that I didn't finish. It was an audio book and I found the reader's southern accents too exaggerated for me. I think I could of pushed past that but honestly I was probably a quarter of the way in and the story wasn't drawing me in yet. I've never read any of Terri's books, but I'd give them another try.



- Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment

--->>> comment <<<---