2.09.2018

January 2018 Reading

Have you read anything amazing so far this year? I've had a mixed bag of books for January.

-----

The Autobiography of George Mueller

I want to try and add in more biographies into my reading. This one was sooo good if you are looking for a faith building book. His life was definitely inspiring. Time after time God moved and answered his prayers when things were at what looked like their lowest point. Just a reminder that God sees us and hears our prayers.

5 of 5 stars

-----

Flowers From The Storm

I don't read a lot of romance novels, unless they are Christian romance...and this one wasn't. But as far as this style of book goes it wasn't too bad. The story line was somewhat intriguing for a while. But then I lost interest for weeks. The idea of a quaker falling in love with a Duke who has perhaps lost his mind...well, it had potential. But in the end I finished it by speed reading just to finish it.

2 of 5 stars

-----

Private

This book I didn't even finish. In fact I'm not sure I made it past the first couple chapters. There was nothing that I found appealing about the storyline. And then there was the language and sexuality that stopped me from even going any further. I've never ready any of James Patterson's books but if this is any indication I don't think I ever will.

0 of 5 stars

-----

The Lost Wife

So so so so good. I find the holocaust intriguing in such a sorrowful way. It boggles my mind that it could of ever occurred. This book takes place during that time and tells of a love story and the lives of that man and woman, each from their point of view. Best fiction pieces I've read in ages. I'm hoping the author's other books are just as good.

4.5 out of 5 stars

------

A Quiet Life In The Country

Such a fun little mystery novel. Reminds me a bit of Miss Marple or Massie Dobbs...only more simplified. An easy read/listen. Fun characters. I'm going to read some more in this series.

4 of 5 stars

-----

White Fang

Another classic to check off my list. I hate to even say this...but I loved the movie with Ethan Hawke soooo much more than the book. And it goes against me so much to admit that because the books are almost ALWAYS better. The beginning of this book was great but then it fell away for me after that.

3 of 5 stars

-----

That's a wrap for what I read. I've got quite a few books in process right now...but I'm not reading that often so not sure how many I'll actually get through. You can always stay up with my reading over at Goodreads!

- Jessica



0 comments:

Post a Comment

--->>> comment <<<---