3.06.2018

Mass Producing Cards

I'm soooo happy that March is here! Two of my favorite things happen this month...Daylight Savings Time and Spring. I'm literally counting down the days until Daylight Savings Time. As it is I can only photograph projects on the weekends and it's been so rainy or I've been too busy. So I've got quite a few backlogged.

Do you prefer to make one of a kind cards or mass produce them? I actually like a bit of both. Sometimes it's nice if I've got extra time to mass produce and get a bunch done at once so when I need a card I'm not rushing to create one. The only thing I'm not crazy about when I do that is then they can lose their uniqueness.

Today's cards showcase using some of the same techniques to get the basics of the card made. Then I simply change out colors and finishing details so each card is still different.



I started out by setting up a flower grouping in my misti and stamping them in a waterproof black ink on some Neenah Solar White cardstock. I also pulled out one sentiment stamp from the same set to use to stamp each card. The more you can streamline the faster it will go.



Then I used the same green brush pens to color in the leaves and stems. Next I pulled out a couple of coordinating colors to color in the flowers so each card was a different color. I laid down the color on a craft mat then picked it up with a waterbrush. Then I colored over all the flowers with a glitter brush pen. Finally I used whatever ink was left on my craft mat and a brush to flick on color to add some interest to the background. After that then I added the unique finishing touches to each card.




















- Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment

--->>> comment <<<---