3.08.2018

February 2018 Reading

At first I wasn't sure I'd have anything to share with you that I'd read this past month. But then I finished a few right in a row and I have 5 books to share with you. Thankfully none of them were duds like in January.

-----


I really enjoyed the first book in this series so I was looking forward to reading this next one. It's a bit like CSI in the 1700's. This story felt darker than the previous. There was plenty of bringing the previous characters back into this story that it felt familiar. And the new characters developed quite well into this plot. Not much to keep me guessing but still a nice little thriller. 
In line with a PG-13 movie rating.

3 out of 5 stars

-----


This is a Christian based mystery. The ones that I've read before never really lured me in. But then again I usually stick to Christian romance and not mysteries. The beginning was a bit slow for me but about half way in it lured me in. In fact I read the final half in one night while in bed in a couple hours. The ending did surprise me a bit and I want to read more in this series.
In line with a PG movie rating.

4 out of 5 stars

-----


I feel like I've been in a few waiting seasons the past several years. So when I saw this book mentioned by a fellow blogger I rushed to order it, thankfully with Amazon Prime! The first day I tore into it hoping it would help me with learning to wait in a better way. I really wanted to like this book. And it is a good book...but just wasn't the right fit for me. The biggest issue I had with it is the chapters felt way too long for a "self-help" book. I prefer snippets and it's just part of me that I can't leave a chapter unfinished. So I ended up rushing through the end of the chapters just to finish. In the end it just didn't speak much to me and felt a bit redundant with each chapter.

3 out of 5 stars

-----


No...I'm not engaged. Not even dating. But this was still a good book. I believe that God knows who I will marry and it's never too early to start praying over his life. Honestly I'd had this book for a while. I was super hesitant about this book at first because I don't read prayers to God.  I pour out my prayers straight to Him from me. But...this had so many great things to pray over that I'd never have thought of without being in a relationship. I'd definitely recommend it whether you are single and wanting to pray for a spouse or dating/engaged.

4 out of 5 stars

-----


In January I read The Lost Wife and loved it. This book is by the same author. And her beautiful writing style is the same. I can't quite explain it but the way her words flow just draws me in. And her storylines are just filled with some of the things I love. This one was also set during the Holocaust but in Italy right before, and as, Hitler's troops invade. It mixes in love stories and hidden codes written into music.
In line with a PG-13 movie rating.

4 out of 5 stars

-----

- Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment

--->>> comment <<<---