4.04.2018

March 2018 Reading

Goodmorning and happy Wednesday! Today I have some book reviews to share with you. Unfortunately March was a bit of a dud for me in terms of books. I didn't read many and the ones that I read were not great. Good news though...I'm in the middle of a couple really good ones (so far) so I'll have some better ones to share with you next month :-)

- - - - -

The Handmaid's Tale

This was a book that has had tons of buzz around it lately and even a tv series. So I didn't really read anything about it and just downloaded it from audible. I really need to stop doing that. If I'd read the synopsis and reviews I'd of realized it wasn't a book for me. It's a dystopian story of the fall of the US government by extreme right wing Christians. Those extremists then use the story of Rachel and Leah in the Bible and how they used their handmaids to conceive children with their husbands to try and do the same today. I'm not sure how far I got into it...several chapters. But then due to the language and content I stopped listening.

0 out of 5 stars

- - - - -

Shades of Milk and Honey

I'm still a bit confused on this book. It's weird, but I think it would be a lot more interesting as a movie instead of a book. It's a historical fiction that tries to give you the feeling of a Jane Austen novel but fails. Many people in this book use some sort of magic to create scenes that people can see and feel they are actually part of. I just couldn't really get into that part of the book. The main storyline just fell short for me too. I don't remember any language or adult content in it...so in line with a PG movie.

3 out of 5 stars

- - - - -

Just Like Heaven

Have you ever read a book that sucked you in and then you ended up hating the ending? Yep, that's how this book was for me. It's another Historical fiction romance that started off so cute. The main characters are charming and the storyline was fun and lighthearted. Then nearly at the end those characters disappointed me. Adult content and a little language. In line with a PG-13 movie.

- - - - -

- Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment

--->>> comment <<<---