6.07.2017

35 Before 35

I can't help myself. I love a good checklist. Even if I don't end up getting a lot of things marked off. Something about these just clears up my mind.

I've posted a few here on my blog:
28 before 29
30 before 30
31 before 31
autumn bucket list

So this year I decided it would be fun to revisit the birthday list. One afternoon the other day I sat down and came up with this list...




1. ONE YEAR CARD MINISTRY
I've done this for a month a couple times but I've really felt God leading me to do it full time so I'm going to work on it for a year. I simply ask my friends, family and church family if they know of someone who could use a card of encouragement. Once I have their address I send that person a handmade card with a little message in it and pray for that person. The recipient never knows who sent the card (unless they happen to know me or find me from my maker sticker on the back of the card)...but they never know who turned in their name.

2. ROAD TRIP WITH FRIENDS
We've just started working on a plan and hopefully we can get a trip together. It's so hard anymore with everyone's schedules.

3. MONTH OF FASTING FROM TV
I've done this before and it felt so beneficial. So many nights when I'm tired I just plop myself on my couch and zone out in front of the tv. It's just not healthy physically or spiritually.

4. MAKE SOME OF MY NANNY'S RECIPES
Went out the other night and had chicken and dumplings and it reminded me of my Nanny's which were way better than the ones I was eating. After she passed we never went through her recipes and I'd like to pull them out and try some that were classically her.
• I made her zucchini bread...which was yummy but of course not as good as hers
   
5. BAKE FRENCH MACARONS
I've tried twice to make these from a mix and they failed HORRIBLY!

6. MAKE HOME-MADE ICE CREAM
Several years ago I made ice cream and it was kind of a fail. My mom just bought me a new ice-cream maker so I'm hoping to get some made soon.
• coconut vanilla ice cream

7. UPDATE BLOG LOOK AND BRANDING
Everything needs some freshening up.

8. BLOG ABOUT COOKING
This one has been on my mind for a while. Just need to figure out exactly how I want to do it.

9. SPEND MORE TIME OUTSIDE
My AC was recently out for over a week. I spent so much more time out on my back porch and realized how nice it was just to sit there and watch the birds.

10. SCRAPBOOK MORE
Loving making scrapbook pages again and need to keep it up.

11. MEMORIZE SCRIPTURES
I went to a private Christian school where memorizing Scripture was required. Unfortunately as an adult I've not kept that up.

12. MAKE YEAST BREADS
I made yeast donuts a few months ago and I'm pretty sure it was the first and only time I've used yeast. The first time I killed it with milk that was too hot. Ha! I think I need practice.

13. MAKE SOURDOUGH BREAD
I'm always intrigued by the sourdough starter from King Arthur. Maybe I'll get around to ordering it.

14. MAKE A PIECE OF CLOTHING
I made a pair of pajama pants once. And I kind of think I made a skirt. I gave up on sewing lessons when I tried to make a dress that had darts.

15. MAKE A QUILT
I come from women who not only knew how to sew but also to quilt. I can't let that die out.

16. CROSS-STITCH
It's been years since I've tried my hand at this. I was pretty good as a teenager.

17. PAINT A PICTURE
Rarely a day goes by that I don't think about painting. Oils are my love but I'm going to try acrylics just for fun.

18. RELAX
All my doctor visits for almost 2 years are basically results of stress. And now my dental appointments are looking that way too. I need to learn to relax and put it all in God's hands.

19. EXERCISE MORE
A couple months ago I joined the gym and loved it. But then I got sick and missed weeks and it's been hard to get going again.

20. UP MY STEPS USING MY FITBIT
My doctor wants me to get in 10k steps a day. Some days I only hit 3k. Need to up my game.

21. TRY MAKING COLD-BREW COFFEE
I have stomach acid issues and I do miss my coffee. I've read cold-brew has less acid so I want to give it a try.

22. INVEST MYSELF MORE INTO OTHER PEOPLE
I was listening to a podcast the other day and it made me realize that there was more investing I could be doing.

23. CROCHET
My Nanny tried to teach me. All I accomplished was the chain stitch. I'd like to give this another go.

24. DAY OR WEEK IN THE LIFE
I've always wanted to do this. I just need to set a date and do it.

25. GO TO 5 ART MUSEUMS
Art museums are my favorite.

26. PAY IT FORWARD
Maybe next time I'm at Starbucks or returning a Netflix movie. Though a more meaningful way would be nice too.

27. POTTERY CLASS
A pottery class has always sounded so fun.

28. MORE COMMITMENT AND LESS PROCRASTINATION
I am such a procrastinator. Really bad. I need to work on that more.

29. HOST MORE DINNER PARTIES
I LOVE doing this. Cooking and having people over. Games and chatting and laughter.

30. SUMMER OR FALL PARTY AT MY HOUSE
I had an autumn party last year right after I put up my Christmas decor. It was a lot of work but such fun.

31. PLAY THE PIANO AGAIN
I took lessons for nearly 10 years. Currently I don't have a piano but I'd like to have one again and relearn to play.

32. READ 12 CLASSICS
Not sure which ones...any suggestions?
• Robin Hood
• White Fang

33. LOSE MORE WEIGHT
I've lost about 30 lbs. in just over a year, mostly from being sick. But I'd like to keep that off and keep the momentum going.
• I'm now hovering at 37 lbs.

34. REDUCE DEBT
I would love to be debt free. But I don't see that happening anytime in the near future. At least I can work on it little by little.

35. GO TO A STATE PARK
This just seemed like a fun addition. I know in my own state there are some beautiful parks I could visit.

- Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment

--->>> comment <<<---