1.03.2018

Cross Stitch

Growing up I was surrounded by women who were creative in one form or many. While admiring them, I wanted to be like them and have my own creative outlet. I've tried many things over the years and I'm still not sure I've completely found my perfect creative niche.

But one thing I tried as a teenager was cross-stitch. Those patterns of squares, all that counting and endless stitches. I'm afraid I never perfected my craft and quite gave it up for years. But then I saw Jennifer McGuire using a die to make the holes for stitching...and suddenly I wanted to give it a try again.

I ordered the die and got started. In my mind of course I thought I'd be whipping up cards with stitching left and right. Imagine my surprise when after several hours one night I still wasn't finished with a card front! Ha! I finally finished this card and must admit I haven't tried another card yet. I do love how it turned out and it was fun to stitch while watching a movie. Maybe I'll get a few more stitched up this year.









- Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment

--->>> comment <<<---