4.08.2020

Camellia Blooms

I love the look of the buildable stamps. You know, the ones that are multi step where you use different shades of a color to create dimension. But sometimes I just don't want to be bothered with all that stamping. So I wondered how it would look if I used only one of those stamps and then added a similar copic marker for a bit of shading. Turns out it works really well... sometimes, lol.

As you can see on the first card, I stamped on white cardstock then added some quick copic marker colors. I love how it turned out.






On the next card, the red background, you can see how the edges of the flower almost look blurred. That is what happened when I tried to add the copic maker. I didn't like it but it was subtle enough that I could still use it. I'm not sure exactly why it failed on this card. My two guesses: (1) It is a different brand of cardstock and it is more toothsome than the white, thus the ink seeps into the cardstock more. (2) The dye in the cardstock reacts with the copic markers. Honestly I've no idea but you try and learn along the way.






For this last card, I only used the stamp and skipped on the copic marker.






- Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment

--->>> comment <<<---